The Physical Environment
Contents | Glossary | Atlas | Index | TPE Today | Google Earth | Search
Type responses in the fields below then click the
button to check answers.
1. Briefly describe the conditions under which
2. Describe under what conditions a glacier will advance or
3. Describe how a glacier moves across the surface.
4. Describe the way glaciers erode the surface.
5. Compare and contrast glacial till and stratified drift.
6. How do striations, grooves, and chatter marks tell the
direction of glacier flow?
7. Compare and contrast ground, terminal and recessional
8. How do kettles and kames form?
9. How do drumlins tell the direction of glacier flow?
10. What is an esker and how does it form?
11. Explain how cirques and tarns form.
12. How do hanging valleys form?
13. What are horns and arÍtes, and how do they form?
14. How do glacial valleys differ from stream valleys?
15. How do stair case lakes form?
16. What relationship do medial moraines have to lateral
Index | Blog
| Podcast | Google Earth | Search |
Top of page
About TPE |
Who's Used TPE |
Earth Online Media
the author for inquiries, permissions, corrections or other
For Citation: Ritter, Michael E.
The Physical Environment: an Introduction to Physical Geography.
Date visited. http://www.earthonlinemedia.com/ebooks/tpe_3e/title_page.html
© 2003 - 2016
Michael Ritter (email@example.com)
Last revised 6/5/12
Help keep this site available by donating through PayPal.